The University of California’s Center for Health Quality and Innovation launched in October 2010. The center is designed to promote, support and nurture innovations at UC medical center campuses and hospitals to improve quality, access and value in the delivery of health care. UC Health, which supported federal health reform, recognizes that the status quo is no longer sustainable. We must build upon our excellence in service and embrace new practices in order to prosper so that we can continue to serve the medical needs of California and beyond.
The center’s goal is to support innovations at the UC health campuses that can transform the way the health needs of Californians are addressed and therefore advance the health of California and beyond. The center so far has issued several rounds of grants, including an initial round of grants, a round to improve care to surgery patients and two rounds of fellowships (2012, 2013), and hosted two colloquiums (2012, 2013).
The center is staffed by an executive director and governed by a board composed of the six UC medical school deans, five UC medical center CEOs and chaired by the UC Health senior vice president. Center projects take place at UC campuses with a small coordinating staff based at the UC Office of the President in Oakland. The innovation center also is partnering with the UCSF Center for the Health Professions, which is providing awardees with training in leadership and change management.
- CHQI fellowship recipient Vaishal Tolia of UC San Diego discusses potential of telemedicine
- UC Health helps ICU nurses bring palliative care to patients
- Innovation takes teamwork
- UC grant helps expand bedside ultrasound training at UCLA
- American Hospital Association highlights UC innovation center grants
- Innovation center tackles ‘triple aim’ of improving health care
- UC awards 11 grants to improve care to surgery patients
- UC medical centers will expand palliative care with $1M grant
- UC colloquium to address innovations in health care delivery
- Innovation center awards 2013 health fellowships
- Innovation center joint venture issues RFP to improve care; download RFP; FAQ; budget guidelines; budget worksheet
- Innovation center seeks second round of health fellows
- Download RFP for class of 2013 health fellows
- UCTV spotlights health innovation center
- Innovation center white paper
- Innovation center hosts colloquium
- Innovation center awards health fellowships
- Innovation center partners with AHRQ
- Innovation center seeks health fellows
- Download RFP for health fellows
- Innovation center awards $3.4M in grants
- Innovation center names executive director
- RFP issued for innovation center grants
- Download RFP for innovation center grants
- Innovation center launch press release
- Fact sheet
- Board and staff biographies
For more information, contact the center’s executive director, Terry Leach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.